Scientific Principles From Chemistry:
- Matter is anything that takes up space and has mass.
- A substance is made of only one type of molecule, and has the same properties throughout.
- Properties are characteristics of a substance that do not change. Different substances have different properties.
- A chemical reaction is when 1 or more reactant’s atoms rearrange themselves to form product(s). Reactants and products have different properties.
- In a chemical reaction, atoms rearrange, but atoms cannot be created or destroyed.